1. What type of service do you offer?
Kids Kruiser provides pre-arranged, personalized, premium taxi service for youth ages 5 through teens and families in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our young clients and their parents sometimes refer to us as their “kiddie cab,” “kiddie cruiser,” “kid’s cab,” or “kid’s taxi.” No matter how you describe us, we call what we’re doing “Safely Driving the Future.”
Youth Transportation Service Hours
7 am- 7 pm
Detroit Metro Airport Private Transportation Service
24 hour service
2. Do you provide rides for just kids?
No, we are an MDOT limo license carrier and will certainly give families a ride around town when we are not travelling with our young passengers. Kids Kruiser provides airport transportation for family and business travel. Parents that trust Kids Kruiser with their precious cargo do not hesitate to use our service to arrive on time to the airport for business or pleasure. Families and students from local colleges and universities take our Kruisers to the Detroit Metro Airport for a safe, clean ride. Contact us for a fare quote and we provide booster seats at no additional cost.
3. What information do I need for my ride to or from the airport?
We will need the following information for all airport reservations:
• Arrival Date & Time
• Flight Number
• Number of passengers
• Cell Phone Number
• Destination Address
We will track your flight and be there upon your arrival. It is greatly appreciated if you call just before boarding at your departure city to confirm your reservation.
Please, check your voice mail when you land. Most likely your driver will have left you a message. If not, please call and we will have your driver contact you. We will meet you with a sign at the baggage pickup area. Our driver will assist you with your luggage and escort you to the car.
4. Is there entertainment for passengers when traveling?
Yes, each Kruiser Taxi offers a Barnes & Noble NOOK e-Reader with headphones for privacy and the minivans have a child-friendly selection of DVD movies. There are also paperback books for kids that need a break from electronic fun. We have something for everyone.
5. How does this service work?
Kimberlee frequently gets stuck in late afternoon meetings and can’t get to school by 3:15 to pick up her daughter, Gina. That’s where Kids Kruiser comes in. Here’s a breakdown of a typical afternoon door-to-door ride:
- Driver Angela arrives at the school at 3:05 and parks in a specially designated spot. (We make arrangements with the principal so Gina knows to look for us in the same place every day.)
- Gina gets out of school at 3:15 and meets Angela at the van. She hops in, and Angela makes sure Gina is secured in her seat belt.
- Angela sends Kimberlee a text: “Picked up Gina and we’re on our way!”
- As Angela drives, Gina settles in with the other passengers to watch Cinderella on the DVD player. Another child in the back flips through one of the picture books from the van’s library.
- After dropping one of the other passengers at his soccer practice (and texting his dad to confirm his arrival), Kids Kruiser arrives at Gina’s house. Angela waits to make sure Gina is safely inside with her grandmother, then texts Kimberlee again: “Gina is at home and inside with her grandmother!”
6. How do I get a ride for my child in the Kids Kruiser?
If Kids Kruiser sounds like the service you’ve been looking for:
- Please go to our Registration page and follow the instructions to submit your Registration Form.
- We’ll get in touch with you soon after we receive it to schedule a get-acquainted meeting.
- At that time, we’ll answer any remaining questions as we get to know you and your child.
- If all’s good to go, we’ll go over and ask you to sign our Child Transportation Agreement and pay the $30 nonrefundable annual membership fee.
7. What if the driver cannot find my child?
Children must be ready at their scheduled pickup time. The taxi driver may wait up to 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If the driver has to then exit the vehicle to find your child, a $15 fee will be added to your account. We cannot delay subsequent riders to their destinations. Please remind your child that Kids Kruiser is coming to pick them up that day.
8. How do I cancel a reservation?
Cancellations for our kids’ transportation services must be made 24 hours before the scheduled pickup time. For rides cancelled with less than 24 hours advance notice, there is a $10 cancellation fee. If your child is a no-show for the scheduled pickup (at the time that the driver leaves the pickup location), the full fare will be charged to your account. Please contact us by text or phone as email is not an assured method of communication.
9. How does Kids Kruiser help the community?
Our official philanthropy is Girls on the Run of Southeastern Michigan. Kids Kruiser donates healthy snacks to local classrooms in support of the wonderful teachers that already give so much.