1. What type of service do you offer?
Kids Kruiser provides pre-arranged, premium transport service for youth ages 5 through teens and families in and around Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our young clients and their parents sometimes refer to us as their “kiddie cab,” “kiddie cruiser,” “kid’s cab,” or “kid’s taxi.” No matter how you describe us, we call what we’re doing “Safely Driving the Future.”
Youth Transport Service Hours
8 am- 7 pm
2. How does this service work?
Kimberlee frequently gets stuck in late afternoon meetings and can’t get to school by 3:15 to pick up her daughter, Gina. That’s where Kids Kruiser comes in. Here’s a breakdown of a typical afternoon door-to-door ride:
- Driver Angela arrives at the school at 3:05 and parks in a specially designated spot. (We make arrangements with the principal so Gina knows to look for us in the same place every day.)
- Gina gets out of school at 3:15 and meets Angela at her vehicle. She hops in, and Angela makes sure Gina is secured in her seat belt.
- Angela scans Gina’s QR code that sends Kimberlee a text: “Good news Kimberly, Angela picked up Gina at (there is a link in the text with a map showing the pickup location).”
- Kids Kruiser arrives at Gina’s house. Angela waits to make sure Gina is safely inside with her grandmother, then texts Kimberlee again: “Good news Kimberly, Angela dropped off Gina at (there is a link in the text with a map showing the drop off location).”
3. How do I get a ride for my child with Kids Kruiser?
If Kids Kruiser sounds like the service you’ve been looking for:
- Please go to our Registration page and follow the instructions to submit your Registration Form.
- We’ll get in touch with you soon after we receive it to schedule a get-acquainted meeting.
- At that time, we’ll answer any remaining questions as we get to know you and your child.
- If all’s good to go, we’ll go over and ask you to sign our Child Transportation Agreement and pay the $30 nonrefundable annual membership fee.
4. What if the driver cannot find my child?
Children must be ready at their scheduled pickup time. The driver may wait up to 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If the driver has to then exit the vehicle to find your child, a $15 fee will be added to your account. We cannot delay subsequent riders to their destinations. Please remind your child that Kids Kruiser is coming to pick them up that day.
5. How do I cancel a reservation?
Cancellations for our kids’ transportation services must be made 24 hours before the scheduled pickup time. For rides cancelled with less than 24 hours advance notice, there is a $10 cancellation fee. If your child is a no-show for the scheduled pickup (at the time that the driver leaves the pickup location), the full fare will be charged to your account. Please contact us by text or phone as email is not an assured method of communication.
6. How does Kids Kruiser help the community?
Our official philanthropy is Girls on the Run of Southeastern Michigan. Kids Kruiser donates healthy snacks to local classrooms in support of the wonderful teachers that already give so much.